Get ready for some of the finest works of art to ever grace Batman's green earth.
GO ART NOW!
1) The jolliest christmasiest friendliest Italian Spiderman Ever
2) I like the slightly mod chic rectangle motif. This one captures his Italian-ness pretty dang well
3) First someone made a gif and it went all over forums, now there is the JOKER'S version. Nice.
4) We've been graced with his brilliant artwork before, and now we have some more! Jon Colton is a damn fine artist. LOOK HOW BUFF HE MADE COCCODRILLO. I'm really that buff in real life, the costume just isn''t flattering. This cover reminds me of the early Superman Action Comics. I love the way Jon uses colour, and the way he makes every character as buff as Ronnie Coleman. Every aspect of the Coccodrillo suit is spot on, right down to the red high-heeled boots and german Luger. Very cool. Go to Jon's blog NOW and check out the rest of his work before I punch you in the mouth with my buff fist.
5) No words. Just...no words to describe the sheer level of awesomeness going on here. Oh wait, 'sheer awesomeness' is words. WHO CARES JUST LOOK AT THIS.
This frankly jaw-droppingly accurate and stunning piece of work was created by Danilo Beyruth, and is in serious jeopardy of making me tear away violently at my computer screen in the hopes of touching its divine majesty. The sheer amount of detail that Danilo has put into this is just straight out respectful, and is to date the most faithful comic book adaptation of Italian Spiderman. The body shape is BANG ON, the detail and shading on the pants is a thing of beauty, the lip-curled sneer hilarious and the effort Danilo has gone to in order to replicate the look of a classic retro comic book - complete with spine-degradation and the Alrugo Logo - is just what superhero wet dreams are made of. Yes even superheroes have wet dreams. Not Italian Spiderman obviously. He's got babes on call 24/7. Danilo, for the time being, you are our own personal Jesus.
Oh and he made another one...
Spectacular, simply spectacular. In this one we reckon Franco looks like Bruce Campbell from Evil Dead. WHICH IS AWESOME. How gorgeous is that masked babe? My personal favourite part is the dragon fly though.
Check out Danilo's blog at http://www.evilking.net
Finding, receiving and posting fan art like the 6 pieces above has become my favourite aspect of creating this blog. It's such an incredible honor to have immensely talented artists from all over the world join in the fun of our film. This is what art is about man. dude. man.
If YOU have any Italian Spiderman influenced artwork of ANY kind, please DO NOT HESITATE to send it over to me via 'the emails' at AlrugoBlog@live.com
Would YOU like to see a WHOLE ITALIAN SPIDERMAN COMIC BOOK?
If so, do let us know by posting comments saying something along the lines of "YES" or "NAH" in reply to this post.
If enough of you show an interest, you never know what will happen!